I was inspired last night by a movie I went to see with my High Vibe Sisterhood Tribe here in Boulder County Colorado. It was Rachel Hollis Made for More documentary. If you want to BE INSPIRED and have your LIFE CHANGED, then I highly recommend going to see this movie.
You know we all make those New Year’s resolutions and then break them by mid-February. What if this year could be different? What if by the end of 2019, you had a new you? And what if you didn’t spend New Year’s Eve of this year being glad that the year is over because it was that challenging. What if you said, 2019 was AMAZING and 2020 is going to be EVEN BETTER!!!!
Here are the 5 FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Physical Environment – this is your living space and for some us, working space. If you are surrounded by disarray and clutter, then your life is going to reflect that. You don’t need a fancy housekeeper or lots of money for luxury items, but your living and working environment should inspire you. So, clean it up and put things in it that get your creativity flowing. Appeal to all 5 senses, what sounds, smells, sights, etc do you need in your living space to make you feel inspired to be a better you? Do it this weekend, don’t wait!!!
- Personal Environment – this is YOU, your BODY and MIND. What are you doing for your own personal health? Do you have movement in your life daily? If you live in the beautiful state of Colorado, you have over 300 days of sunshine, use it. And even if you don’t live in Colorado, what type of movement inspires you? Do you like to dance? Do yoga? Take your dog for a walk? Play with your kids in the park? What kind of food do you put in your body? I know after a long, stressful day, it’s easy to want to grab take out and stuff your face with simple carbs and sugar. However, about 20 minutes after eating that, you feel like crap, don’t you? And I don’t know about you, but when my digestion feels heavy and my body feels like lead, I’m not too inspired to achieve my goals. You have to do something different. And finally, mindset, what is your mind telling you? What is the story that you keep telling yourself over and over? Girl, change that script if it needs changing. If you consistently focus on all your faults and tell yourself that you are not good enough, then you will feel that way. How about some positive affirmations for 2019???
- Community – who are the 5 people that you spend the most time with? Think about it for a minute, who do you surround yourself with? I sure hope they are positive and uplifting people. If you are the only one in your circle that is constantly lifting people up and feel drained after spending time with those 5 people, then you’ve got the change the characters. Go find people who are living the life you dream. If you want to be more successful in business, go find those people that are hitting it out of the ballpark. If you want to be a runner, hang out with runners. If you want to be more creative, find a tribe who is doing just that. Your tribe should raise your vibration not leave you feeling like you need a detox.
- Morning Routine – it has been said that the MOST SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE all have a strict morning routine. This doesn’t have to be crazy, don’t get overly Type A about it. But having a routine will set you up for the day. Whether it’s mediation, working out, quite reflection while you drink coffee and journal before the rest of the house wakes up…whatever it is, do it. And don’t get sucked into technology first thing in the morning. That allows someone or something else to dictate how your time is spent. Try this, you will find some calm and peace to start your day. I recently started doing yoga first thing in the morning BEFORE I check Facebook or my emails. And you know what? I feel better – mentally and physically.
- Habits – this is a tricky one. Remember, there are good habits and bad habits. Make a list. Reward yourself for those good habits that you already incorporate into your life. Habits are a subconscious trigger, and while we can’t change the trigger, we can change the outcome/reaction. So when stress triggers you to reach for that box of cookies, find another outlet. I know, easier said than done, but if it was easy, everyone would be Rachel Hollis and hitting it out of the ball park every day. And of note, it takes 30 days to change a habit so what can you do TODAY to contribute to those New You goals?
Okay tribe…let’s make THE BEST VERSION OF YOU IN 2019!!! Let’s make goals that stick and make you a better you by the end of the year. It’s time to take that leap of faith and be bold!!!!!!
As always, if you have any questions, engage with us on Facebook!!!!!! In fact, go on Vital Family Chiropractic’s Facebook page and tell us what you are improving on this year!!!!!! Namaste!!!!